I found my positive attitude as soon as I picked up my kids. Both were thrilled to get to leave school early with Momma. Even if it was only 1/2 hour early. As we turned on to Duke Street both kids sang out - I Love Going to the Dentist! Which made me laugh. And then when we pulled into the parking lot, Jack asked - Why are we here?
Olivia replied - This is the Dentist.
And Jack asked - Why are we here?
Olivia - Because we have dentist appointments.
Jack - Oh Sorry! I forgot! I love the Dentist.
Again, me laughing.
The Dental hygienist was chill about the breaking of the apparatus. Apparently the Dentist likes to OVER correct the bite and then leave the apparatus in for an additional three months. So we bought a new apparatus. Which normally costs $400 but they cut me a "deal" for $120. $50 more than the $70 glue. MAN I should have gone for the glue.
We head back to the dentist in two weeks for the new apparatus. And we got to keep the old one. What does one do with $400 worth of metal apparatus? I don't know but I am hoping Eric can work it into some cool piece of are work.
And Jack has an appointment in six months. Because who can argue with - I really love the dentist Jack.
On a positive note. When I got home Eric had our reenrollment check from Cresset. Apparently we do not have to pay a re enrollment fee since Eric is staff, so they had written void on it and handed it back to him. Sweet. So all together I was only out $40 for the day.
4 comments:
Hurray for a happy ending and possible dental sculpture!
Can I just say that I love the term "apparatus"? I mean, how generic can we get? It doesn't have a name, so we name it "apparatus," which is the equivalent of calling your fork "implement" or your fishbowl "container" or your trees "vegetation." I think this is Very Funny.
So glad it didn't go as badly as you'd hoped....
No, no! I meant "thought" not "hoped." Definitely not "hoped"!!
Can I say that I wish I had Jack's excitement about the dentist? If he likes it so well, maybe he can take my appointments and I can tell my dentist that I already have seen him. Will this work? Grandma R
Post a Comment