I have a problem.
In 2006 I bought Eric a video iPod engraved with the words - In your Eyes.
I mention that it is a video iPod only so that you know it holds an incredible amount of music and videos
This past summer we bought a second iPod - a Nano (before they went video) engraved with the words - because it is too hard to share
The Nano is mine.
Mine was really for podcasts because I often find podcasts I want to listen to but Eric is always using his iPod so I can never listen to them. Thus the second iPod.
But you can only listen to so many podcasts. You need music as well. And there starts my problem.
Eric has a lot of music. I don't.
Eric and I are complete opposites when it comes to music. I love the sound of music. I like to hum or sing along. I often have a song that I will hum to myself
as I go about my day. It makes me happy.
Eric loves and knows music. He pays attention to it. He knows titles, musicians, song writers, albums, release dates...words, things I never even thought about until
I met Eric. He also has music memories, like what album was playing in the car, the day he road with his brother Mark on the day of Mark's graduation from college. (Zappacosta)
So Eric has a lot of music and it all fits on his ginormous iPod. I decided to download some of his music to my iPod. And here is the problem. I have no idea
where to even start so that I can whittle his library down to something I can fit on my iPod. Since I have been married to Eric for 17 years, I do now recognize artists and songs. I know who I like but I like most of what Eric has. (I have am currently undecided about Zappacosta.) So I find myself listening to snippets of songs in hopes of being able to eliminate it only to hear myself say - Oh I have to have that.
So I have decided to go with something I do know. The Alphabet. I will download songs that start with the letter A first and when I tire of those I will go on to B. And I will follow this system all the way to Z, only breaking from it when Christmas comes around when I will of course down load all the Christmas albums which mostly belong to me.
1 comment:
If you time it right, you can be listening to the "C" songs in December: Christmas music!
It's gonna take you a while to get to Zappacosta.
I've never even heard of Zappacosta.
Post a Comment