Apparently I have passed some of my angst down to Olivia. This past weekend we had multiple conversations about what would happen if our house caught on fire and why God every created fire.
And then this was the conversation we had in the car on the way home from school-
Momma?
Yes Olivia?
You know what would be bad?
What?
If we had an earthquake.
Hmm.
Momma?
Yes?
Will we ever have an earthquake because I won’t like that and I don’t know why God even thought of making earthquakes. Why did he do that?
Well Earthquakes happen because we live in a fallen world. We didn’t obey God and so now we have to live with bad things happening.
Oh. So will we have an earthquake?
Most likely not.
So Momma?
Yes Olivia?
I don’t understand how if the world was blank and there was nothing, how did God kick Satan out of heaven before the world was created…
I was able to avoid this question by asking who told her about God kicking Satan out of heaven – Her five year old teacher. Ah yes Mrs. Brunson.
And then after all the worrying this-
Momma?
Yes?
You know what makes me sad?
What?
That there are no new colors. God should give us a new color. I mean we have had all the other colors for so long I think He could give us something new.
Well Olivia there are lots of colors. Remember. There is not just red but all kinds of different reds. LOTS of colors.
YAY I know but I would like something new. Like red and blue and black together and call is raspberry. Or orange and green and brown and we call it fire!
I am thankful that she does more than worry.
And now just for Fun - the color Olivia
1 comment:
Hooray! Delightful post. Thank you, God, for Olivia Mae.
Post a Comment