
This is about 6:30 AM right after we arrived at the train station. (note once again Jack's catalog model stance) Oh did I fail to mention that they went by train? Well they did. I don't think Eric will ever ride a train again. I take that back. He will never ride a train from NC to Washington DC again. Apparently Amtrak owns their own track in the NE so travel there is quick and on time. In the SE they share the track with the freight trains and the freight trains have the right of way. Mind numbing travel apparently from NC to DC or vise versa. But the kids enjoyed it!

This is a picture of Jack torturing Grandma. Why you say it really looks like a picture of Jack scaling a wall. And you would be Correct. But it was various feats such as scaling a cliff that lead Grandma to utter this quote - Jack will have to be a teenager before he can ever come and stay alone with us... and by that time we will be in the old folks home. I don't think they allow children visitors there...
See this is where I always get in trouble with everyone. See I am used to this climbing of Jack's. I am confident that he can scale the wall. But it makes every else GASP and run to help him encase he should fall and hurt himself. OR they Gasp and yell to Jack which is actually worse because then he usually lets go with one hand as he turns around to see who is calling his name.

This if basically the view from Grandma and Grandpa's condo. That is the Newport bridge in the background. Instead of paying cash to get across you have to use a token. This is just away to bilk money out the vacationer who never ends up using all their tokens before they leave. I think we still have two from the last time we all went. And yes we will be bringing them back with us in the future. Of course they will probably change the size of the token by the time that happens. But here are Olivia and the Grandparents collecting shells... It looks like the older people are doing all the work.

I don't know where this is. I assume somewhere down town on the island. This may be the place where they ate lunch and Grandpa offered to go next door and get Olivia rice to eat when she complained about the food... Only Grandparents would make that mistake and then follow through. But it looks like they are just getting coffee. I included this photo because really eating out is one of the main things a person does when they are on vacation and it was no different on this trip.

This is obviously Olivia in the pool. As I said I have about 10 other pool shots but this is one of the more interesting ones. The people who own the whale are always there when the Rices are there. They are a large family that take up about 4 condos or more and they dominate the pool. But they always let you use their stuff and drink their beer. They also call this a dolphin...
And the last photo. Asleep on the train. Eric took an overnight train on the trip back. He was hoping this would be easier because the kids would sleep. And they did sleep. The problem was that when they got to New York around Midnight tons of people got on the train so Eric had to scoop up kids and get himself and the kids into just three seats. Apparently Jack kept crying to lie down and Olivia probably kept asking questions and Eric was relieved when they made it to NJ and everyone finally got off the train. When he got off the train in Durham he said he would only travel by train again if he was in Europe. I love that he tests these things out for me.
1 comment:
Didn't Eric get a picture of Grandpa jumping off the train in Kingston as the train was pulling away from the station? That's another story. Having the grandkids with us in RI was great and they were great travelers. And, yes, no Jack alone until he grows up! Too dangerous! Too scary! Too much!
Grandpa R (Father Rodg)
Post a Comment