Sunday, August 13, 2006

Where are you going and what will you do?

Ok It Has Been Over a Month now since I last posted. And I do apologize and I wish I could say it will get better but in about three days I will be gone from my internet connection for five days so in the near future it will not get better. But I do hope after that to get back to posting at least two times a week, it not more.

This month marks two years of me having this blog. Perhaps I have grown weary of the blog. It could happen. But I don’t think that is it. I have been a horrible emailer this summer as well as a bad blogger. I remember a time shortly after we moved to NC when I became an inconsistent letter writer after have been a pretty consistant one since going to college. The problem back then was, I think, similar to what is happening now. We were in transition. I had tons of exciting things to write about and yet I could not get my mind wrapped around any of them enough to write about them coherently. And that is where we are again today. We are in transition but not one that leads to any known outcome. Eric and I have been referring to this summer as the Re-organization of the family. We have made some pretty substantial decisions but none that are currently apparent to other people. So I have been doing a lot of thinking. I have even been doing a lot of blog writing but it has all been in my head and little of it has made it into writing.
But soon school will start and my family will be back into a schedule and rhythm and hopefully that schedule will allow for regular updates to the blog.

So until I get back from the wedding of my niece – I know, I am much too young to have a niece getting married but this is in fact the second niece to get married in my family – let me just entice you to come back with this few pending posts

Yoda visits our house
When did you become a mermaid?
Riding a train in the 21st Century… how quaint.
Heater? HEATER? We don’t need no stinking heater.
How many teeth do YOU have?
That’s what Grandparents are for.

See you soon.

Did I mention I was flying this week? I am concerned because you can’t read my name on my driver’s license nor can you really see my face. This is because I carry my license in my pocket and apparently a license isn’t meant to take that much wear and tear. The question is… will they let me on the plane with such a bad license? Probably but they will not let me wear my wonderful gel inserts in my shoes! UGH! Ok I am ok with that and I do plan on taking my passport with me just encase they balk at the license. Of course they may wonder why I have my passport on me since I am flying within the states. I am doomed aren’t I?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever think of just going to the motor vehicle department and getting a new license. Just a thought. But I know it would mean getting your picture taken and that is rather scary. Well I do hope you make it here or I will be really sad and we don't want that now do we.

Rebecca said...

Oh My Word! It's great to see another post!! That wasn't so bad, was it?

I'm excited about all the upcoming posts, too. They are intriguing. You're not leaving until Wednesday; surely you could post one more thing before you leave on Wednesday??

I should just count my blessings, shouldn't I?

Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Glad to know you are still alive down there. I was beginning to worry!! Even better then you posting though is the fact that I will actually get to see you this weekend and this time I won't be running around like a crazy woman! (Hopefully) Have a safe trip! - Katie

Post a Comment