Monday, July 10, 2006

We own the track

Everyone has made it safely home and currently everyone is asleep except for me. I am basking in the contentment of a full house. But the real reason I am writing is because Greg Fishel, the local weather man, has just confirmed what I have always said and that is that Iowa (or any area thick with growing corn like oh I don't know, Fulton Illinois) is more humid than the South. All I can say is AH HA!!! I told you so.
When Eric and I moved down here people would always talk about the unbearable humidity and we were always looking back confused. What humidity?? Every Summer day in the midwest is more humid than this. And people would just look at us like we were daft. And now the weatherman has backed me up. Thanks Fish.
And if you take the corn index and add in the Mississippi River or say Lake Michigan, you increase that humidity even more. So don't give me that - it so humid in the south - crap. Durham aint got nothing on Fulton. Which is another check mark on the pro side for moving down here.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sorry. Corn index? How's that?

Anonymous said...

Just because I know how much you love Target...let me say I hate Target so much!!!! I will have to explain I know...ask me at the wedding. Say hi to everyone for me! See you soon!

Katie

Post a Comment