I miss them. I do. Talking on the phone brings them closer for a small bit of time. Hearing their laughter as they play with their grandparents makes me happy and sad at the same time. Most women I talk to look at me with envy when they hear I have 6 days to spend however I want. Well there is work and budget wise a trip to Hawaii is out. But I can complete a task without being interrupted. I can walk from room to room and actually remember why I started the journey into the new room without having to stop and remember back to 30 seconds ago when I decided I needed to go to another room. I can choose to sit quietly with no noise. Quiet seems to imply no noise but trust me you can also sit quietly while chaos storms noisely around. It is not that I prefer the quiet; it is just that I have forgotten what it is like. I can also decide with what noise I want to fill in the quiet with out having to plug a devise into my ear. That said I must admit that my guilty pleasure has been downloading from iTunes episodes of various TV programs that I have never seen or rarely seen. Wow what a horribly addicting thing this could become for me. Life on the D list with Kathy Griffin was very fun and perhaps a little too mean. Weeds also made me laugh and raise my eyebrows. (Oh my so this is cable TV.) Of course the theme song from Weeds – Little Boxes by Malvina Reynolds – sent me searching iTunes for more music by this folk singer. Is it ironic that folk songs are available on iTunes? Or maybe it is the fulfillment of that genre.
Ok I must go do something productive - like purge a closet. Mind you, I don’t actually HAVE to but I am choosing to do so… of course I am going to play music loudly and sing loudly off key with it and perhaps make sporadic movements with my body that I am going to refer to as dancing.
Aloha
1 comment:
Oh the simple pleasures! Now remember this time two weeks after the kids are home. Enjoy!!!!
Post a Comment