Here is my update on morethyme.com. We have been trying this for a little less than two weeks. I really enjoyed the flexibility and options I had with this website. Basically I could go with their suggestion for the week or I could completely change it up and select different recipes from their database or I could put in my own recipe. It was great to just push a button and have a new recipe pop up and not have to sift through cookbooks and recipe cards. I will admit that the first menu it came up with for me was a little heavy on the beef but then again I did give beef my highest rating on my taste selections. Mmm beeeeef.
Another great thing was the grocery list. Again it was great to not have to go through recipes and make a list. The list was created, I scanned it and crossed off things I knew I had, added things I needed and then hit the print button. I then received a printed menu, printed recipes and a printed shopping list. BLISS!
It was by far the quickest meal planning session I have ever had and I even made a folder for all of it so that Eric could also reference the menu and the recipes.
The bad thing was that I picked a bad time to try and implement the plan. Eric was gone at soccer games and then he left to go camping so we went strong the first few days and then it fell to pieces. But I am convinced that this type of plan will work well for me and my family. The recipes we tried were great. My kids could not get enough of the lemon chicken recipe. We had multiple veggies at each meal and we had some filler foods – potatoes and noodles – so that there was no hunger pains two hours after dinner.
Also signing up and canceling was easy to do, so I did really get to try the plan for free and recommend trying it to anyone who has trouble deciding what is for dinner tonight.
I do still plan on trying out thescramle.com but I am going to check out our calendar first so that we are not trying to implement a new menu/grocery shopping/cooking solution at the same week we have to be out of the house each night by 5:30 for some program, game or meeting.
Also my friend Carolyn sent me a link to a free website that does basically the same thing as morethyme.com. I have registered with the site and done a quick overview but still need to spend some time with it and see how it all works. That site is mealsmatter.org
That is all for now. But there will be more postings about this so stay tuned…
1 comment:
Thanks for the thorough review. I need to give it a look.
Post a Comment