Friday, March 17, 2006

Where are we going?

Wow it has been a tough day and the day has just begun. The funny thing is I thought it was going to be a tough day because of the cold I woke up with – body aches, fever, sore throat yada yada yada – but I took some medicine and carried on. I walked away from the yearning bed only to arrive at work to hear about my friend who is a new mom, finding out she has a tumor in her brain. Wow. How does one deal with that? Where is the medicine for that? And how does one be a good friend to a co worker in this situation? And another friend is having other difficulties as well. Reoccurring difficulties, where it feels that just as they may be rising to the top to shed themselves of this difficulty another issue rises up and looms ready to kick them down in the hole again. And how does one continue to deal with that? And how do you be a friend without saying the same things over? Things you start to wonder about yourself. And yet you know God is good. You know He is sovereign. He has a plan. But sometimes you want to say – Can you just let me know how this plays out so I can relax a little. But that is probably as exasperating to Him as Olivia constantly questioning the direction I am driving in. Momma – you are going the wrong way. This is not the way to school. I am pretty sure you are lost. This from a 5 – almost 6 – year old who knows so little compared to my vast knowledge of the road system in Durham. This from a 38 - almost 39 – year old who knows so little compared to His vast knowledge of the road system that is life. So I will do what I implore Olivia to do – PLEASE just trust me, have a little faith that I know what I am doing. OK – and please give me the courage and the strength to do so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great story! You write so well. This post reminds Grandpa and me how blessed we are. Our problems with aches and pains of aging are sooo small compared to what your friends are goin through. Praying that God will be with them right now. Oh if we could only know the path He is leading. More faith is what I need. Thanks for sharing.

Grandma R. (and Grandpa too)

Post a Comment