My birthday is less than two hours away. I will be 39. Wow what a cliché that is -39. I have always been annoyed with the odd numbered years. I usually skip them completely but now as I approach 40 I cling to the odd numbered years. I thought I have been 37 for the last two years. When ever I stop and remember I am 38 I have this moment of thinking wow where did all that time go?? But I realize it is not really old and yet it is not young. It is some middle number and I just don’t know what to with that.
Anyhow here is how my week has gone. Sunday, I was sick. Monday, I was sick and lost the key to the car I needed to use to pick my kids up from school. RS came to the rescue and picked up my kids for me and brought them home. Tuesday, I was late leaving for work because of my illness and then when I went to start the car, it was dead. But I am trying to be more positive about things. So here is my positive spin. Sunday, I was able to read over 400 pages of A Prayer for Owen Meany. And had many good thoughts about what it means to live your life as an instrument for God and what it means to take the Lord’s name in vain and many other cool things. Monday, I got to visit unexpectedly with a good friend and her children AND share Oreos. Tuesday, I was able to make everyone laugh because my life at times seems so much like a sit com. Hmm is that last one positive? I meant it positive but perhaps it came off cynical. Bring it on 39, I am prepared… or at least preparing.
Please feel free to leave an obligatory bday comment below. I plan to really shine in my passive aggressive stage during my 40s.
2 comments:
I would say that you are my Absolute Favorite 39-year-old, but that I am married to a 39-year-old and so just need to not say that.
But you are Decidedly my second-favorite 39-year-old, and One Of The Best People I Know.
Happy Birthday, dear Beth. I am So Glad You Are.
Happy Birthday, Beth! I know I'm way late on this greeting, but chalk it up to my being on the road and having indifferent email and internet access.
I love your blog - thanks for all your great postings and your great outlook on life that you share here.
Post a Comment