Sunday, March 12, 2006

What did you do on your summer vacation, er Spring Break, er winter weekend?

It was unseasonably warm here this weekend and here are the photos to back me up:

This is a picture of Jack climbing a tree... ok it is a picture of Jack saying NO TAKE PICTURE!! when I tried to follow him to the tree.
Olivia sliding down the slide on a sled. OK it is a boogie board but it is also still officially winter so we pretended it was a sled.

The Action shot. Notice the fang like teeth.

That's right the middle teeth still have not grown in.


And this is the re-set shot. Now if you look in the back left hand corner you will see Eric talking to Robb. Robb is trying to scrape the garage so he can paint it. Eric is lazily talking to him. I think at one point Robb finally said something like - I have another ladder if you would like to join me, to bad I don't have another scraper. I thought that was funny.


Isn't he adorable. And let me just make my bad mom confession. He does not have sunscreen on. For the record, Eric set up the pool and I did try and get Jack to keep a shirt on but to no avail. And he did get a little pink but really WHO HAS SUN TAN LOTION IN WINTER??

Today we went to the park. The tires were too hot for O but not Jack!


He is wearing his new Spring Shirt from Grandma Rice. When I put the shirt on him he asked what is this and pointed to the sleeve. That is a short sleeve Jack. Ok he said. Last fall when I put a long sleeve shirt on him he asked the same thing - what is this and pointed to the sleeve. This is a long sleeve shirt Jack. He had some trouble adjusting to the long sleeve but he took no time adjusting to the short.


Olivia on the new fangled monkey bars.


The thing is not matter how hard O tries, Jack will always have less fear and thus will always be able to out climb her. Or so it seems for now.
You take the high road and I'll take the low road and ... well we'll get there at the same time.
And here they are on the See Saw. Ok I know most of you are sick of the pics by now and I do apologize but I post the pics for the relatives so there are still more coming.
Jack decided it was time to go home - just like you are deciding not to look at any more of these pics.
Olivia come running to join Jack at the car - just like you are coming around and sticking with us to the end of all these pics

She came bearing flowers. Here would you like to take a sniff?

They smell just like Spring


Jack fell asleep in the chair playing with his X-Wing fighter. (he longs for his own Lightsaber. He has been telling me so for weeks but I never knew what he was saying - Lawn chair? Light switch? Flash light? OH Light Saber!)

This pretty much sums up the last two days.

Oh and did I mention they are predicting snow for March 20th??

Winter may make a quick showing yet.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Beth, Your pictures are almost unbelievable given the weather we have recently experienced. But we are at the Newark airport now, and I am too warm in my turtleneck sweater....

As for too many pictures of your beautiful children, well I am pretty sure that there is no such thing. And my boys always have a hard time with the change of sleeves at the change of seasons-- at least, they always did when they were Jack's age, and I'm expecting Everett to go through it again this spring. Which I guess has already arrived....

tworivers said...

Beth, this is a wonderful sequence of photos. Thanks for sharing! It makes me glad that it was so blistering hot these last few days instead of resentful. OK, maybe I'm a bit resentful (note the use of the word 'blistering' for the mid-80s) but I'm very glad for you.

And as for snow on March 20 - I don't believe it. It certainly won't stick to the ground, since the ground temperature will be near that of the surface of the sun ...

Anonymous said...

What? Get tired of seeing pictures of our grandkids? You must be crazy! Keep the pics coming. You can never have TOO MANY!

Grandma and Grandpa R

Post a Comment