Friday, December 16, 2005

Things that make me go HA!

Things that humored me this week:
Jack, in the back seat of our car, singing the songs he should have sung for his Christmas program last week.
Olivia joining in with Jack’s singing and both of them doing all the motions for Away in a Manger.
My friend buying what she thought was a porcelain ornament for an ornament exchange and then finding out from the label that is was actually a gift tag. Why was this funny? Who uses porcelain (fake or real) gift tags!!!
My wonderful friend, who is having identical twin baby girls with a due date of 4/15/06. Why did this make me laugh – because she is scared of tiny babies, girl babies and ultra sounds (you have to have one every two weeks with identical twins) and the tax day due date just adds to the humor. (I am not being mean. She sees the humor in it as well)
The following two lines from the movie Spanglish
Honey, this time your low self esteem may just be plain common sense.
Are you really THAT much nicer than I am? Well you don’t exactly set the bar high.
(I recommend seeing the movie for these lines alone. The movie is not great but the dialogue is.)
Jack having us tie his blanket around his neck and then his jumping off the coffee table trying to fly. Jack do you really think you can fly?? YES!!!
This conversation between Eric and Olivia:
O – This year I think Santa is going to bring me a couch.
E- A couch! Why?
O – Because last year he brought Jack and me bean bag chairs.
E – Really? I thought we got those for you and Santa brought you your castle.
O – No he brought the chairs and the stuff in my stockings.
E- Well who gave you the castle then?
O – Oh that was from Santa’s helper in the Mall.
Well won’t she be shocked when she only gets something from Santa’s helper this year.
I wonder if that will mean she was good or bad? or just not good enough or bad enough??

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

This is a great post! And I have to say that _Spanglish_ was really disappointing, but we, too, loved a lot of the dialogue. One of those movies that had good intentions....

Post a Comment