
This is what you get when you bring your kids to the mall the week before Christmas. It cost a buck. There was a guy close to the santa booth making them and he had a tip jar out. I felt bad that we did not pay more for it until Eric pointed out that the Mall had to be paying the guy to stand there and make them otherwise he would have charged a specific price. Man if I had thought of that previously, I would have been willing to take it for free. No it was worth the dollar. He also made little reindeer but they were not nearly big enough to satisfy Olivia.
This next picture is our tree at 11:30 PM on Christmas Eve. Eric and I wrapped all the presents after the kids put out cookies for Santa and went to bed. It took us about three hours total. If you look closely you can see Santa fleeing the scene in the doorway to the right.
This was the damage after the kids ripped through all the presents. We ran out of garbage bags the night before so the clean up did not happen until later in the day. I think for O the best part was just opening. So next near I am going to open her toys and take them apart and wrap each piece individually and hope we can put it back together once she had opened all the pieces. Jack was actually enthralled with each gift and wanted to play with it as soon as it was opened.

Here are the kids with their Santa gifts. Jack got a bucket of space toys and Olivia received a FurReal Kitty - It purrs, meows and bats things with it's paws.
And here are just some other shots of the morning. This one is of Olivia reading her Two Sides of the Story book. I think this one is the story of Snow White from the Queens perspective. Very clever.


This was one of Jack's favorite toys. Olivia gave it to him. The problem is that Jack is left handed but I could not find a kid's left handed glove for under $20 so we just bought him the right handed glove. So he tries to throw the ball with the glove on his hand.
I know her face doesn't seem to show it but this was one of her favorite gifts. She calls it her wedding hat. It looks lovely with her flower girl dress.
Two more pics and then I promise I am through. Here is Jack opening his 50 piece tool set. Three pieces are power tools that actual make noise and move, a drill, a circular saw and a sander! It also has a hard hat and a tool belt.
This is a whirl and twirl Littlest Pet Shop set. I love the Littlest Pet Shop stuff and was kinda bummed that Santa did not bring me any.
The coolest part of this set is the swing set because when you place the magnetic paw of the cat in the right spot it makes the swings go around in a circle. VERY COOL!!!!
And yes if you are thinking wow these kids got way too many toys, I have to agree. Next year they are only getting books and clothes.
2 comments:
No such thing. No such thing as too many toys. I got mostly toys for Christmas, myself! It's the best time of the year for toys, after all.
Books are good, too.
But clothes ... well, some clothes are cool. But most are ... well, they're not toys, you know.
Okay, let me just say that the "two sides of the story" story book is about the most post-modern thing for kids that I have ever seen.
Also, let me say that I am jealous of your kids toys. Can we PLEASE go shopping together next year????
Post a Comment