Sunday, January 01, 2006

Yes I am easily annoyed

Ok I know that this is not what anyone is looking for as a post on my blog but I have to get this off my chest.
The most annoying thing for me personally in 2005 – Heather Jones describing me in one word. That word was reactionary. And I could not react because that would just play into her hand so I just looked at her blankly knowing that she had just taking my whole being and reduced it to one word. This has bugged me all year and by posting it here I am going to TRY and put it behind me.The most annoying thing so far in 2006 – people shooting their guns off for 15 -- FIFTEEN!!!!-- minutes after the New Year. And just to set the record straight – I NEVER knew that people in the US did this in celebration of the New Year until I moved to the South. FIFTEEN MINUTES oh and then the phone call at 2:15 AM. When I answered the woman on the other end said – May I speak to Richard? Uh no sorry wrong number. Oh I’m sorry…Well Happy New Year! Yeah thanks. Click Click. I should have asked her if she had been shooting a gun earlier in the evening

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Okay, wait. You can't do this. You can't say that Heather Jones reduced your essence to a single word and then Not Tell Us What The Word Is!!!! What is it? What is it?? What??? WHAT????

I just want to know so that I can evaluate it and see if she's right. Not that I believe she could possibly be right....

And thank you for NOT complaining about my phone call to you at 12:21.

And I think the reason we didn't hear celebrations for 15 minutes after the New Year up north is that it was Too Blasted Cold up north for those kinds of outdoor shenanigans.

Not that I'm complaining about the cold up north. What is it here, April???

Happy New Year, Friend.

Beth said...

OK obviously my post is confusing because the word she reduced me to was - REACTIONARY. She says I am basically harmless because I just like to react to things. See everyone thinks I am super opionated but I don't feel that I am. And Heather has pinpointed that I am not opionated, I just like to react to what people say. And I wanted to say - no I don't!! But that would have just been a reaction. If I think to long about it, I think it just means I am shallow. I don't think that is what Heather meant in the context of the conversation but that is my reaction. I am obviously shallow because I just react to things on a gut level. I don't think things through or follow through. but this year, my aim is to prove this wrong.

Rebecca said...

Okay, let me just say that you proved this wrong a Long Time Ago. Heather is just saying that because, in a group situation, you often have a surprising or Very Amusing quip that comes fast on the heels of whatever anyone is saying. And this is one of the many reasons that I like you.

So, if you are planning to think harder or longer in the New Year, that's fine. But please don't stop with the quips. We need them. They are funny, and funny is good.

Post a Comment