Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Where are all my posts??

Why haven't I posted for so long?? Visiting relatives, husband out of town, cleaning out the garage, mudding the playroom, laundry, laundry and just tired tired tired. So today I am going to jumpstart myself back into blogging by quickly posting some things I have been thinking about doing individual posts about but haven't and now I need to get out of my mind before my life is so back logged that I will just have to stop blogging all together. I am going to call this blitz blogging.
Jack refuses to let me take off his pj shirt in the morning in order to put a new clean shirt on him for the day. We refer to this as the Uncle Mark factor. Those who know Mark should think that is funny those that don't sorry! But I am blitz blogging and can't stop to explain. So in order to get a shirt on Jack I have to distract him, get the pjs off and then get the new shirt on. The problem is that if at any moment he realizes what I am doing, he will either grab on to the pjs and try and make it impossible for me to pull them over his head. If I am putting the new shirt on, he will just simply take it off as soon as he notices. Usually I end up having to let him pick out his own shirt for the day and then he will leave the shirt on.
Olivia made bug soup yesterday. This is not a soup made from bugs as I first thought but rather a soup she makes of water, leaves and flowers for the bugs to eat. The truly funny part is that she was afraid to go out into the yard to pick one of the thousands of dandelions in our yard because there are bugs flying around. -I care about the bugs and want to feed them, I just don't want to have to see them or any in other way be bothered by them. (hmm I think that may be a lot of people's opinion about hunger in general but I am blitz blogging and can not stop to contemplate)
They have selected a new Pope. What a relief.
We are coming up on the one year anniversary of the decision to transform the attic into a playroom and it still is not finished. So I am trying, trying, trying to ignore my usual impulse at night to just sit quietly and watch tv and am trying to work in the room. Last night I did some mudding. I hope to do more tonight and then we just have to sand. oh and clean up, and put in flooring and prime and paint and move all the stuff in.
Jack continues to eat art supplies and baby powder and drywall.
I love spring in Durham and will post some pics later to make all you Notherners jealous.
I can't decide if I should renew my subscription to E weekly or not. I had decided not to but now am in a panic that I will no longer have any idea about what is cool and hip. I have been a subscriber for at least 10 years maybe more.
Jack is insisting I play checkers and I don't want him to start eating the board so that is it for today.
Thanks for putting up with my blitz blogging.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love this blitz blogging. This is great fun. Of course, I have all kinds of questions....

And you Must Continue your subscription to E Weekly. You know the Stevensons just love to read it when we come to your house. Not that we've been there in awhile....

But if you don't continue your subscription, then our communal hipness will Go Down The Tubes, and I've had enough of gravity for quite some time, thank you very much.

Beth said...

I love blog blitzing as well but will try and post more regularly so I do not have to blitz too often. And now I am going to do some mind purging: Here is the thing with E weekly, it is getting to the point that I am going to have to start hidding them because the covers are at times overtly sexual or very scary looking and I don't want my kids exposed to that within our home. OH I AM BECOMING SOOO CONSERVATIVE!!! who knew this would ever happen. I gues when they come in the mail i could just immediately open to the first page and thus "cover" the cover.
I know you are laughing at me because you think this is a minor problem but I really am going back and forth over the decision not to get it and yet I no longer have cable, I hardly ever get to go to movies, if I get rid of E weekly how will I know what is out there that I am missing?? Because someday I will get cable again and someday I will get to go to movies again but I will be so out of it I will be lost. And I know I shouldn't care this much and yet I do. If I got to the bookstore more regularly I could make it a regular read but I don't make it there regularly. OH THE HUMANITY.
Ok if they call me on the phone and ask me to renew (they have done this in the past) then I will renew. Or if they contact me by email or something but if they don't contact me then i will just LET IT GO!!!
See mind purging is good to do but it is not as fun to read. sorry.

Anonymous said...

M & F R said:

Is it blitz blogging or blog blitzzzzzzing? Are these the same? Oh, no time to explain. Forgot. Okay, the E weekly. If we have to order magazines from Olivia again, because we never know what to order, maybe we can work out a deal. We'll through in E weekly for you. It could be delivered to our house. We could decide whether to rip off the cover. Then the clean ones could be sent to you with Hoezee sermons. A deal?

Post a Comment