Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Tower of TERROR!!!!

Some people go for the characters and autographs. Some for the parades and shows. Some for the stories and the wonder of it all. And then there are those who go for the rides. Our family falls into this last group. Or at least our trip to Disney revealed that this is who we are.. The Ride people.
Olivia especially loved the rides. And I was just so proud and happy for her.W hen I was a kid, I loved the rides too. I still do. I have several great vivid memories of standing in line with friends, freaking myself out over a roller coaster and then screaming my head off out of terror and thrill as I rode the ride, only to survive and get back in line to ride again.
And that was Olivia. Tower of Terror, Everest, Space Mountain, Thunder Railroad, Barn Stormer and everything in between. She braved them all. Each time she would doubt her desire to ride.
Maybe I won't ride this one.
It looks scary.
Too scary.
I don't want to ride.
Ok I will try it.
Can I get out of line?
Ok I will do it.
Are you sure it always stays on the track?
Has anyone ever gotten hurt?
It goes really fast.
Ok I will ride it once because I have ridden others but I won't ride it again.
SCREAMING SCREAMING SCREAMING
That was so great! Can we ride it again?
If only we had had enough time and stamina to ride them all again.

Except for the Tower of Terror which used to be a nice little ride that faked you out with a half drop and then shot you up to the top of the tower and really dropped you. Now, to make sure it catches you off guard, it has 7 or 8 different combinations of drops it can do and when we went on it, it treated us like a can of pop and shook us all up. It was truly terrible and I told Olivia when we got off to NEVER let me ride that ride again. And she agreed that we both would Never ride it again. I love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment