And I am Thankful.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
I started to see myself as the 64 year old woman who had been in the same job for 39 years and I began to worry
I have a new job. After 14 years of being a Bursar's Office employee, I am now a Student Loan Office employee. I have to admit - It feels about the same. Which is good. I was not really looking to leave the Bursar's Office but this job came looking for me and I could not ignore it. I am glad that it does not feel a lot different. It is in a different location but I have moved with the Bursar's Office before so no big deal. It is with new people but most of them I have know for years so again - no big deal. The focus of this job is different. Loans instead of billing. And the scope is different, just Undergrads and not every student at the University and their parents. So I am good with this move. Of course only time will tell. Six months from now some aspect of the job may rear it's horrible head and I will be wishing for the good ole days. But for now, This Is Good.
2 comments:
Congrats on the new job and not being the 64 year old woman.... I'm glad you made the switch. Good for you!
Did you use "64" because it was SO OLD?
Signed,
Two 70 somes! (guess who?)
Post a Comment