I take a pill for my digestive system.
It used to be a cool pink and black capsule that came in a prescription bottle with a child proof cap.
But it became too expensive in that form
Now my pill is tiny and comes is a pinkish brownish color in actual pill form
It is OTC – Over the Counter
And so the packaging is different.
The little pill can no longer take up residence
In a bottle with a child proof cap to protect itself from me
Instead it comes packaged in a sheet of plastic
With a perfect pill shaped bubble for my pill to get cozy
The pill is then covered over with a nice warm blanket of foil with paper backing glued to it for extra protection
The package protects 7 pills, enough for one week
Which is nice since I often forget if I have taken a pill or not
until my stomach starts to feel queasy and heartburn begins to reign.
So each morning, usually after Eric and the kids have left for school,
I take out my One a Day Women’s multi vitamin and the package that contains my pill
I grasp the little corner of paper that is not glued to the foil and I gently pull
Trying to ease the paper off so I can sneak up on my pill
And it does rip easily from the foil
But only that corner rips
The rest of the paper backing is still firmly attached to the foil
Now a logical person would just grab a scissors and cut it open and extract the pill
Apparently I am not logical in the morning – I am giving myself the benefit of the doubt for the other hours of the day
I, with my almost none existent finger nails, scratch around for a loose bit of paper
If I find one, I pull on it
Only to have it also rip from the foil prematurely
I could go for the scissors at this point but why when I have teeth
Yes I bite at the plastic and foil and try and rip it in two
Wow that plastic is really stubborn.
My last ditch effort is to grip the tiny package between both fore fingers and thumbs
And push on the plastic bubble until it yields the pill
Which it does!
Only so much force has been applied to it that it shoots through the foil backing and in its jubilation of freedom flies through the air only to rapidly descend near the vicinity of the sink
I lurch to the sink, covering the drain with one hand and feel around the basin with the other
Feeling, feeling, groping until at last the pill is located and I can pop it in my mouth and wash it down with my glass of water
Oh if only the kids were home to enjoy this daily entertainment
1 comment:
Oh my gosh this is a RIOT!! I had tears rolling down my face I was laughing so hard! We should write to our congressman about abolishing blister packs. They are so STUPID.
Post a Comment