Breakfast was going well
We were all seated at the same time
Eric and kids were eating
I decided to read Jack's note home that was posted on the fridge
It gave a brief synopsis of what the kids would learn in class each day that week
Monday - Children will be making "Oranges of Joy" What makes you happy? What makes your child happy? Check the front bulletin board soon to find out.
Jack, I ask, what makes you happy?
STAR WARS!!
Anything else?
No
Nothing?
No
Not Mommy or Daddy or Livia?
a sly smile crosses his face as he answers- Nope!
Tuesday - Children will be gathering gourds of all different shapes, sizes, colors and textures. They will be sorting them by their attributes: Color, size, texture. This is a language, pre-math and sensory challenge.
Jack
Yes Mommy?
Did you play with gourds yesterday?
No I played with David.
I know you played with David but during class did you sort gourds?
He looks at me blankly
I played Star Wars with David.
While Jack goes into a detailed retelling of his and David's Star Wars re-enactments I think - So much for the language challenge
Wednesday
Children will get hands on with an opportunity to explore opposites through their senses. Warm water with cold ice will be used to demonstrate different scientific and sensory purposes.
Jack
Yep
Today is opposites day!
What?
Opposites... you know.. what is the opposite of cold?
I don't know
Hot - answers Olivia
Jack, what is the opposite of Up
Down
In
Out
front
back
hot
cold
Dog - supplies Olivia
There is no opposite to dog Olivia
Yes there is ask him
Wet
Dry
Big
Small, ask me the dog one now
What
The dog one
I consent - Ok Dog
CAT! says Olivia
NO DOG says Jack
Eric and I look at each other and nod our heads - No Dog... Nice!
1 comment:
Hilarious. Honest. I'm laughing out loud. Thanks, Jack. You're brilliant.
Post a Comment