Monday, September 03, 2007

jack writes

Olivia was holding a pencil by age 14 months, before she could even walk steady. Jack avoided holding any writing implement in his had until he was four. Then a friend bought him some wonder markers and wonder coloring pages and he at least showed interest. But he still did not show much interest in drawing specific things much less writing his name. So that is why the following progression of Jack's papers from school thrilled me. I actually flipped through them casually not really noticing and then I came upon the Great Job note and I showed it to Eric and said somewhat dazed - Does that mean Jack actually wrote that? Eric looked at it and said - Wow I guess it does. And that is when I went back and looked at each page and noticed the progression and just couldn't stop smiling. Now if we can just get him to draw his own Darth Vader!


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh My Word. I Can't Even Stand how much that makes me love him Even More.

Jack.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean he is trying to communicate with us finally? What a breakthrough. Really, we are amazed at this progression. What a guy! We love him very much. We think the second letter is really a heart and that he drew it intentionally. Wow! He's got a lot of love in his heart.

Grandpa and Grandma R

Post a Comment