Friday, July 20, 2007

Potter or puzzles (well actually models but that kills the alliteration)

Yesterday when I arrived home from work, I took a large super soft, made from some micro kind of fiber, off-white blanket and spread it across my living room floor. And then I dumped Jack’s super sized blue Rubbermaid container full of Lego on top of the blanket. Why would I do this? Because somehow, once again, all of the Lego model pieces became combined in to one large Lego mess and while I can handle this for a time, at some point I just throw up my hands and decide that the Lego MUST be separated again. Separated, so we can assemble the Tie Fighter and Anakin’s ship and Batman’s cars and the Jokers helicopter and all the other models with out have to improvise because we can not locate the correct piece in the heap of black, grey and dark grey pieces.

So this weekend I and hopefully Jack and Olivia and definitely Eric will make all the models. And I will once again place them in their appropriately labeled plastic bag, zip the bag shut and then carefully explain to Jack how important it is that we keep them separate and not mix them all together. At least this is the system until he is older and can dig through the heap himself and assemble all the models without any help.

And yes we do have too many Lego models. (And I am not even including all of Eric’s models which are stored in their original boxes in the attic and that are only pulled out one at time under special supervision by their owner.)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yes, I used to do this kind of thing.

Emphasis on the Used To.

Good luck with all that.

Post a Comment