Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Making it happen

I am sure this will be a horrible post but as you can see, I have been away a long time and sometimes you just have to post something dumb just to get going again.
And so a blog blitz

Summer vacation
Not having to be out of the house before 7:15 AM! (the kids not me)
Eating lots and lots of berries… with ice cream…and maybe chocolate
Jumping on the Trampoline
Having to listen to the doctor two days in a row preach about the dangers of trampolines/an injury just waiting to happen (eric not me!)
Still having cable (Is it stealing cable if you canceled your cable subscription but the cable feed into your house was never turned off and so you have cable but you aren’t paying for it?)
No afternoon nap for the kids ---
Jack falling asleep when you put him to bed because… no nap!
Missing Jack’s singing and story telling and humming and everything other adorable thing he did while he wasn’t falling asleep at bedtime during the school year
Expecting to spend two nights pulling up the carpet and padding upstairs and only having to spend two hours instead!!
Making plans for camping
Making plans for the beach
Missing your friends in Africa
Trying not ignore the fact that some friends will move away soon
Making plans to visit MI
Making plans for Kyle’s wedding
Trying to savor each day so that the summer won’t fly by…
Having goals to accomplish but only in a very laid back manner
Taking bike rides
Catching lightning bugs
Watching Olivia and Jack actually play TOGETHER
Olivia getting to wear tank tops and sun dresses and flip flops
Oh and The Pool. Can’t forget The Pool VBS!
Blue skies, white puffy clouds and Sun.
Dry scorching sun
The smell of sunscreen and bug spray
Mosquitoes
Battlestar Galactica DVDs
Open windows
Long nights
Bright mornings
Hope and Promise

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Beth I have been patiently waiting.

Lynne said...

This is not a horrible post. I like it. Stream of conciousness lists are really fun, I think!

Grandma said...

Beth: I too have been patiently waiting . Do I see Olivia with pearced ears? Maybe just a shadow. Hope yoi had a good time with Grandpa and Grandma R. Love Grandma and Grandpa Kelling

Post a Comment