She is so excited about soccer and her new purple soccer shirt that she smuggled the shirt in her purse and brought it to church. When I picked her up from her Sunday school room she was wearing it over her dress a huge proud smile on her face. OH MY WORD.
The first Monday she told everyone she met
– I have a soccer game tonight.
I corrected her – practice not a game.
I have soccer practice tonight. I hope my team wins
They would reply – oh I bet you are a good soccer player
Yes she would answer nonchalantly as if she had been playing for years
The first Saturday she told everyone
- I have soccer practice today.
I corrected her – Soccer game.
I have a soccer game today. My dad plays too.
She is aggressive and fast but not always focused, resulting in her going full force and then suddenly stopping, sometimes resulting in a domino affect on the kids behind her.
What causes her to stop? Oh she suddenly discovers she is sweating and she does not enjoy sweating. Or the sun suddenly is just too much to take. Or she notices a scrape on her teammate’s elbow and stops to compare it with her own.
She is good in goal. She is not afraid to scoop up the ball as kids run forward ready to kick. She likes to be goalie because she can squat down and play with the grass when the ball is at the other side of the field.
She tries really hard and does whatever she is told. She is enjoying her first taste of soccer and organized sports… especially the after practice/game snack.
Mom who is bringing the snack?
I’m not sure.
Maybe we are supposed to bring it.
I don’t think so.
How do you know.
No one told me to bring a snack.
Maybe you just forgot. Maybe you should bring one anyway.
Let’s just put on the shin guards and not worry about the snack right now.
OK… I hope someone brings a snack though.
2 comments:
Whoo-hoo! You finally signed her up for soccer!!! You did it! Whoo-hoo!!!
This is adorable, and SO O!!!
Beth you're making me jealous I want my kids to be that young again. I guess I'll have to wait for some grandkids though. Oh, that makes me sound really old.Anyway enjoy!!!!! these years they go by very quickly. Tell O that Aunt Renae says have a good time playing soccer.
Post a Comment