Yesterday I turned 40 and all I can say is so far the 40s are great! Oddly one of the best presents I received on my birthday (I received several before and one great one today) was getting to watch the GE repair man pull apart my dryer and fix it. Why was this so great? Well I had never seen the inner workings of a dryer before. You would be amazed at how minimalist the workings of the dryer are. Or maybe You
wouldn’t be. Maybe you already realize that once you pull out the big tumbling drum all you are left with is a heating element and the little mechanism that powers the heating element and turns the drum. Normally when a repair person comes, I just show them to their work and leave them be but this repair person needed some help holding the dryer in a tilted position while he checked out the back of it and so I helped and then he talked to me about the dryer. (At some point of course it became somewhat awkward that I was still there but he did not seem to mind me watching so I just stayed and I did marvel at the trust there is between you and your repair person. I mean I know you have called him to your house and this is his job but there is something a little odd about having a complete stranger just waltz into your house and take over an appliance like it belongs to him.) The second great thing about this gift was he was able to locate the problem and fix it so I could finish my laundry I had try to start on Saturday.(and I would not have heaping wet clothes in my house for the slumber party) One of the great gifts I received the day before my birthday was watching my husband and children make a cake for me. Usually things like this are done in secret so it can be a surprise but that was not going to work out for us on Wednesday so I was in the kitchen when they were making the cake. Eric was so pleased with the cake mix and frosting he had picked out. It was a butter cake and was amazingly fluffy. The frosting was dark chocolate and completely decadent. And knowing that I LOVE cake candy he had picked out three different sets (not including the letters and number set) that added up to 40 pieces of cake candy. But it was not the cake that amazed me and filled me with joy it was watching them, my family, work together to create something so wonderful and fun. Eric was so patient with the children, letting them help with the ingredients and with the mixing -they each got to use the electric mixer! And the kids were just so excited about the cake that it filled the kitchen with joy. It was just such a nice moment for what had been a very hectic day. And I was so thankful to God for my family.And today I received a great gift from my friend
Rebecca. She dedicated a whole blog entry to me. And said some very kind things about me and I tried not to cry while I read them. God has given me such amazing friends. He is so generous to me.

Could she be more pleased. Could it please me more?

MMM Cake candy.

1 comment:
What a great post, Beth. Happy, Happy, Happy Us that YOU were born!!!
Mmmmm.... cake candy.
Post a Comment