Now that I am 40 I feel like there should be a list but a list of what?
Should I look back and make a list of:
My most embarrassing moments?
The things I have learned?
People I should apologize too because I was just too young to understand?
Things I should have accomplished in my 30s, 20’s, teens?
The many ways in which times flies?
No no no THOSE would all be TOO long
Perhaps it should be a list that defines me now
My favorite books, movies, paintings, people, episodes of TV, places to visit, songs, artists, authors….
No that would be even longer because then I would feel the need to explain my choices and with in each category there would have to be sub categories - like my favorite non fiction book, favorite biography, favorite book I would never recommend anyone else read.
Perhaps it should look forward. What I hope to do in my forties.
Ah yes that I can do.
Trust God more
Try to be less selfish
Love my family and friends more
Try harder to enjoy the moment
Stop wasting time (does that contradict number 4?)
And also
Take documentary classes with Eric
Become more involved in my family’s school
lose weight
take cooking lessons (does that contradict number 3?)
read more books
save more money
blog more regularly
see Paula Deen cook in person
take a vacation to sandy beaches and nice warm blue waters
travel, travel, travel.
There a list.
5 comments:
I think these ambitions are great ones, and I don't think they contradict each other. I say go for it! I mean them! Go for them!
Ditto from me ..oh and take me with you when you go see Paula cook in person!
ok, now I have to figure out who paula deen is. :) Now I'm very intrigued and want to know what books you really like that you wouldn't pass on to us. :) You do know you made me change my mind about Marilyne Robinson.
love,
Mary
all I can add to the list is that you better make your lists before your memory goes. Renae
Dad and I say go for everything on your list because if you don't do it now, when you are our age you either are to tired or everything gets harder to do and takes more time doing them. We are going to keep this list and when you have accomplished one or more, we'll cross it off. Good Work!! Go at it with gusto!!
Mom R and Father R
Post a Comment