So Christmas eve- Olivia actually spent the day at a friends house which was a little different but ok. I got to bake cookies for Santa first with Jack:
Note the squished bell that looks like a rocket.. Jack's favorite and those bottom ones are G's for the Grandparents and a S for Santa... of course.
And later with O:
And then the real highlight was opening the Christmas PJs before they put out cookies for Santa and went to bed. I got O's pj's on sale at Target the day before. I thought they were penguin pjs but Eric finally convinced me that they are actually owls. OWLS! but they were on the holiday rack. And Jack's came complete with a cape which he refuses to wear most of the time. SIGH
Santa is on his way and we are NEVER going to go to sleep tonight.
And the Christmas day. We were actually successful in keeping the kids from ripping open their presents until after coffee was made. We moved the furniture the night before for easier seating while opening the gifts. Olivia is convinced that this is just part of what Santa does. He rearranges furniture for optimum viewing and every other year he brings new chairs for the kids to sit on. This would be one of those years for new seating for the kids.
Santa brought Jack a Lego Star Wars Turbo Tank and Olivia received an Easy Bake Oven.
Here they are opening a gift together. I just throw it in to remind myself they can be nice to each other.
It took Eric all day to get the Turbo Tank together. Now for the record - Jack did ask for the Turbo Tank. Ok last year I bought it on Super Sale at Target so we kind of placed the idea in his head but he DID ask Santa for it. Eric just really really enjoyed it as well. (note the Easy Bake Oven is preheating in the back ground)
Olivia frosts her first cake. The biting of the tongue is totally my side of the family. The cake was very tasty. We all got one very tiny piece.For the New Year we flew to Chicago where Uncle Jim and Aunt Renae picked us up from the airport. Here is Jack on the plane:
And then after spending a Great New Years Eve playing joker and watching Dodgeball, then spending New Years day eating soup and playing Trivial Pursuit, there was nothing left to do but visit the Tractor Museum.
OH MY WORD! We must be in Iowa. Nope Illinois my friend. Illinois
The kids in the wheel go round and round.
Wow this lawn mower is bigger than our whole yard.
2 comments:
Hey Beth--
your post makes me feel like I can actually update my blog again--if a long post can be as cute and funny as yours, maybe I have a shot too. :)
And, of course you know this, but your kids are wonderfully adorable!
Love,
Mary
I Love This! Thanks!
I need to do a Christmas post, too. Aaaagh!
Post a Comment