Ok so one of the things I am trying to work on is being a team player with my family. Of course I am a team player in the day to day stuff by default. But when it comes to special family activities I am often the one who
decides at the last moment that it is just not going to be worth all the pain and effort to TRY and have fun. So I forfeit and send Eric on his way with the kids. But I am trying to be better and so this Sunday I went along to the Ice Rink to skate. OH MY! Neither of our kids have skate before. I think Olivia has tried out a friend's roller skates but other than that - nothing. So this was quite the adventure. I did fine. I did not fall which was a great accomplishment right there. Of course I also sat at that side with Jack for a large quantity of time while Eric skated with Olivia. I think Jack was somewhat bummed that he wasn't able to just get on the ice and skate like a natural and so he was less reluctant to keep trying.
Ok really if we cut to the chase Jack just wanted to play hockey and so was bummed there was no stick and puck activity. Olivia was much more of a trooper. At the end of the day she drew a pic in her journal of her skating and stated that she was going to take skate lessons this summer. (do they offer that at Calvin G&G? Maybe one of the local rinks do.) So here is what you have all been waiting for...
Ta - Da - Me on skates... oh and the kids too. (yes Eric actually took a picture.)

Bring on that Olympic Gold!

The place we skated is the same rink where Eric plays hockey. Jack requested to sit on the players bench and then in the penalty box. Here he is in the Penalty box giving us his best - NO FAIR - look.
So what will this weekend's adventure be? Well Eric gets to go to Dream Dinners and assemble us some more food but then maybe will going bowling or perhaps even bike riding or dare we dream... just sleep in until 9:00 am.
3 comments:
Beth what a fun way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon. thanks for the post and the pictures. Renae
Hey-- I thought we were going to go together!
Looks like fun! You go, girl!
Dear Beth,
No!!! They only give skating lessons in the winter. Now if you know somewhere else that gives skating lessons in the summer let us know. You know G &G go anywhere for our grandkids. Oh I better not say that to you because you will take us up on this and we will have to keep our word. So forget I said that. No to ice skating lessons. We hate the cold.
G. & G. R.
Post a Comment