I think we may have finally adjusted back to regular life. Almost. Currently my kitchen is a step away from being sooo cluttered that I will have to shut my eyes in order to walk through because I just do not have the time to straighten it up. Oh I have time to hide the clutter, to shove it into drawers and stick it in cabinets but I still know that the clutter is there just waiting to be sifted through and properly arranged. And we need to take care of the playroom. Toys need to be weeded out to make room for all the new things that were acquired over Christmas break and claims need to be staked in the room where these new things will occupy space. The playroom is upstairs so I don’t see it as often as the kitchen and yet I know it is there waiting. And once those things have been taken care of? Well then we can move on to such things as perhaps cleaning out the basement or finishing the stairway to the upstairs but those are just things that do not have to be done. They are not the things that slowly creep into the edges of my life and whisper chaos.
And here is the quandary in which I currently find myself. I need to find more time and yet I do not have the time to find it. Perhaps it is in the room before I wake up in the morning just waiting and then rushing off as soon as my eyes open. Or perhaps it is waiting late at night ready to party just as I drift off to sleep. Or and this is what I suspect, it is hiding under the couching waiting to jump out at me when I move the couch to dust… ya well that will never happen so hopefully it gets bored there and moves some place I will be able to find it. Like in the computer or behind the tv or and this would be wondrous, under my pillow.
3 comments:
So Beth, are you saying that simply hiding things isn't the same as cleaning? Please don't look in my closets, drawers, well, basically anywhere if that's the case. I mean, it might be easier to find stuff, but then how exciting would it be to actually find something if you knew where it was ahead of time? :)
Mary
If you find time, would you please share it????
Mary, Hiding is the same as cleaning up to a point. And that point varies for everyone. For me last week when I was on the verge of sickness that point had been crossed. Today the healthly redeemed me doesn't really mind the hidden mess.
Post a Comment