Thursday, December 07, 2006

Hey Y'All!

I know I know. It has been awhile since I have posted. It is not because I haven’t been thinking about the blog. On the contrary, I have been thinking about the blog day in and day out. I have been carrying a post in my head but I have not been able to finish it. So now I am writing out of the simple fear that if I don’t post, I may just forget how to do it. Or worse, all you millions of readers will stop checking for a new post.
So what is the post I have been carrying in my head? Well I still have not finished it so I will just state what it is and move on. Basically it was a post about Advent and how on the way to work last week I was thinking about what it means to wait and if there is anything in my life that I can compare with a feeling of great expectation. And all I came up with was snow. Because in the south when it snows you get an unexpected break from work and everyone is excited and happy because snow is relatively unexpected.
And then I went to hear Handel’s Messiah at Duke Chapel. And the Soprano sang “I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
And though worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.” I have always like the first part of this – “ I know that my Redeemer liveth” – and I am usually just reveling in the delight of hearing that part that I don’t really hear the remainder. But this time the words “And though worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.” – just bowled me over. Yet in My Flesh, I Shall See GOD. Oh my word! See God! In My Flesh! And that silly snow idea flew right out of my mind. Snow? Whatever. Because in My Flesh I Shall see God. And in Flesh like mine, God became man so that we might be saved. Praise God.

And now the post is out of my mind and I can move on. I don’t really expect you to understand it. Because it was a moment of pure joy for me and I know that is hard to pass on to other people. But hopefully you know what I mean and you will have your own moment of pure joy this season.

1 comment:

tworivers said...

I DO get it, Beth - how great! Thanks for putting it down here and sharing it.

Post a Comment