Thursday, November 02, 2006

Peace

Today was a beautiful day. The colors were just amazing! The sky was completely blue, a beautiful cool blue. No clouds in sight at all. And the colors of the trees were just so vivid. Brilliant Yellows, Radiant Reds and Outrageous Oranges all enclosing the deep green of the evergreens. I actually had this thought - this day is out of some movie set. A day so beautiful you have a hard time believing it is real. But it was real and it was awe inspiring and made me sing out this song from my childhood-

For the beauty of the earth
For the Glory of the skies
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies

Lord of ALL, to Thee we raise,
This our hymn of grateful Praise.
(Text: Folliot S. Pierpoint Music: Conrad Kocher; Arr. by W.H. Monk)
Fortunately I was alone in the car and did not scare anyone with my exuberant rendition.

God is great and good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth I'm so glad you got to see such an amazing sight. God is good and will always be. I wish you could of gotten a picture of it because the color around here has not been very good. Anyway thanks for the post. Lots of love Renae

Anonymous said...

Beth,
This is a great post. You will have to sing that song when you are here for Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite. I don't know about you but when I sing this song I can't help but singing the Lord of ALL part LOUD.
Wish we could have seen all the colors too, because our colors over here were not that great this year.
Mother R

Post a Comment