Sunday, October 22, 2006

One down

We survived the Fall Festival. Olivia said this was her best day ever and she will remember it always. The great thing about the festival is you always get a prize for the games and the lines for the bouncy rides are always short. And if things are slow, you get extra turns without having to hand over more tickets. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure:

Waiting in line for the big slide. 4 tickets got ya three trips down the slide.

What I like most about this picture is Jack tumbling down the steps at the side. The whole crowd of parents watching gasped! So I had to reassuringly tell them, he would be fine.

She was having so much fun that I yearned to be a kid again so I could join her in hurling my body down the big slide.

The first round of three, he always went down sitting up as in this pic but by the second round he learned to throw himself out into the middle of the slide and fly down on his back.

The Fall ritual of waiting in line to dunk Daddy in the Dunk tank. The only thing that would have made her happier would have been to dunk Mommy.

Now who doesn't occasionally like the thought of dunking their parent into a big tank of water?

Neither of the kids actually hit the target but they did still get to see Eric take the plunge when one of the workers hit the target for them. The tank was filled with warm water so Eric actually preferred being dunked to sitting on the seat dangling over the water.

Jump Jump Jumping. They got to stay in this thing FOREVER because everyone else was in line at the big slide.

Jack after I paid for him to participate in the cake walk. Could he be more dejected??

Jack showing of the cake he won after I talked him into walking around in the cake walk circle. They tried to give him a smaller cake and he shook his head and said "No thank you. CHOCOLATE!" He was convince when we got home that he would be allowed to eat the whole thing. After he finished his first piece he said "Time to eat the rest!" We compromised with a second piece.

And that pretty much sums up our day at the Fall Festival.

3 comments:

Ali O said...

i remember the ole cresset fall festival days! when i was in 8th grade our class had a kissing booth (scandalous, eh? actually, it was just hershey kisses, but you had to pay and go behind this curtain before you found out).

Mary said...

Why can't grown-ups go down the big slide?? I did with Drew at Pump it Up, and you're right, it is totally wonderful! Of course, I rubbed all the skin off my elbows trying to stop without hurting Drew--maybe that's why we're not supposed to do this anymore. :)

Rebecca said...

What a great sequence of photos! I really really laughed at Jack on the steps. Thanks for that. :)

Miss you. Miss your kids.

Oh, what the heck. I miss Eric, too.

Post a Comment