Ok it has been over a week so I guess I should post before I lose all my faithful “cough” readers. I am making fun of myself there and not the two of you who regularly check the blog.
So last night we gave ye olde DVR a work out. While watching last week’s episode of Heroes, we also recorded this weeks episode and because we finished last week’s before this week’s had concluded, we got to rewind and watch the first part of the new episode until we caught up to real time. Did you get all that? Eric’s reaction to all of this was – I so LOVE the DVR. We have also figure out how to program favorites into the remote control and channels to skip. Now if I can just give up my addiction to The Food Network, we could get back to being productive people.
So here are the shows we are currently recoding for the fall season: The Amazing Race, Heroes, Jericho, Lost and The Office. And I have to say that while I enjoy all of these shows, I look forward to seeing Heroes the most. It’s just quirky and fun.
Besides TV, here are the other things that have been occupying our time.
Um well, really nothing else. I mean, there has been all of that Food Network programming to watch. The kids and I watch a ginger bread house competition and there have been countless episodes of Iron Chef American and let’s not forget sassy Rachel Ray. Oh and Good Eats with Alton Brown which taught me how to pop popcorn using a large stainless steel bowl. AMAZING!
Ah so until I can let go of the remote…. That’s All folks.
Stay Tuned for more completely irrelevant posts.
Or perhaps
Back to our regularly scheduled blog already in progress.
5 comments:
Aren't DVR's (or The Tivo Man as Drew calls it) GREAT???
We only have a couple problems---
--Drew thinks I can fast forward, rewind and replay all TV everywhere (and regularly tells me he has a job for me--to fast forward through the commercials).
--Drew also thinks anything he would like to watch is on all the time (or ought to be). Why don't we have that chicken movie (chicken run)? You need to tape it. :)
By the way, we haven't seen Jericho, but a friend said it looks like it's taped in the part of Kansas that's in California. :)
I warned you Beth- you are being sucked into the vortex! There will be no turning back after 6 months. I share your passion for the Food Network and I would also recommend Ugly Betty. It's a good new show.
Okay, so when I was a little girl I really and truly believed that when you turned the t.v. off, everything stayed exactly where you left it. So if Big Bird was talking to Mr. Hooper when my mom called me for dinner, I could go right back to that conversation afterward. But it never worked that way. When dinner was over, Zoom was on.
But now. Now! The DVR is changing everything. Drew is right-- or Can be.
What are we teaching our children????
Oh my word Rebecca, you actually admit to watching tv as a child?? WHAT! I thought you were in Japan? Or was there a Japanese version of ZOOM. You know I am just kidding you. But as far as what are we teaching our children, I think the DVR is a great thing for them. Just like DVDS of TV shows are a great thing. It lets you/them control what and when they watch things. They can now have a TV night and watch whatever they want to watch instead of being stuck with whatever is on at that moment. It is like a library of books. Instead of being stuck with whatever books you have in your house, instead you can choose from a large quantity of books are read what you like or what your parent prefers you read. As my friend Mary, mother of Drew, points out, no medium is perfect. There are bad books, bad movies, bad art, bad TV shows. The DVR is just a great way to filter through the bad stuff... not to mention filtering through the commercials.
And Jennifer, Oh yes Ugly Betty has called to me but so far I have resisted the call. This week's episode of Jericho was pretty uneventful sooo if things continue in that way... Ugly Betty here I come.
And Mary, It is so funny you mention the part of Kansas that is in California because I was totally thinking of you and wondering if Jericho look anything like the real Kansas... and now I know it does not.
Daughter Beth,
With all that Food Network watching does that mean that you are bringing the entire dinner for Thanksgiving Day? Yea!!! Can't wait to have you here!
Mother R.
Post a Comment