
Yes now we officially have a named room in our house - The Dot Kelling Room and here it is -
Why are we calling it this. Well Dot is Eric's Grandmother and we recently inherited this seashell lamp from her and when added with the other stuff she was given us it just seemed right to finally name a room after her.

Here is the cool metal dog she bought us during her first fisit for O's baptism. One of the dog's legs is hinged and you can lift it up and put a candle in it. Ok I know that sounds odd but it is really cool.
And here are the paperweights we took back after we visited Grandma and Ed for Thanksgiving one year. Grandma has a whole collection of these.
And here is the bronze girl she sent us one year through Rodg and Ruth. Ok and she sent a great picture of three little girls reading a book but currently there is not a spot for the it in the Dot Kelling room. Maybe someday we will expand. Currently the picture is right out side the room... kind of like a welcome sign.

And not the piece that brought it all together. The cool seashell lamp that Olivia just can't stop looking at. There is a Seahorse in there and it is toward the back and each day Olivia turns the lamp to look at the seahorse and each day I turn the lamp back around so the cord doesn't show. I might just have to shake all those shells until the seahorse comes to the front so we can stop this constant turning of the lamp. JUST KIDDING. I was told Grandma actually made the lamp - well placed all the shells inside so maybe I can find a way in and wiggle it to the front... but for now I am just trying to point out to Olivia all the other cool shells to get her mind off the seahorse.
And there you have it the complete tour of the Dot Kelling room. Thank you Grandma.
1 comment:
What an appropriate name for this room. Wonderful idea! Gram K will love it. We have one more piece (from Grandma) to suggest for the room. We'll bring it at our next visit.
R & R
Post a Comment