Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Things going on at our house

The fish is still alive.
My family aspires to be nocturnal, which does not bode well for THE alarm clock.
Jack spends half his time at home wearing Eric’s hockey helmet. He even tries to eat with it on. I think there may still be some peanut butter on the helmet from Sunday.
Olivia is student of the week. THE WEEK she yelled at me when I asked how it was being Student of the day.
I finished reading The Kite Runner which was enjoyable despite its predictability.
Eric has school commitments all week long that last until 6:00 PM. This has killed the beautifully planned out menu I had for the week. Because trust me – if we are both there to eat something the kids don’t like that is one thing but it is quite another to go it solo. I see a lot of pasta in our future.
On Saturday, Jack ran around the house wearing the hockey helmet and whacking the football with the hockey stick. This was very entertaining for me because he whacks with such vigor. The only thing that upped the entertainment level was when he added Olivia’s white ½ inch heel flower girl shoes to his ensemble. I am sorry I did not get a picture.
Olivia and I went to see March of the Penguins at the movie theater. That night when I asked her what the worst part of her day was she said – when the baby penguins died. And then she prayed the God would keep all the penguins safe. I prayed the same thing.
We once made Olivia a penguin outfit for Halloween. She didn’t wear it.
Eric and Olivia once made penguins out of clay that represented me, Eric and Olivia. Jack broke all the beaks off. But Olivia still brought them to school as one of her favorite things for Student of the WEEK.
Olivia is my little penguin.
I think there are many things we could learn from the penguins. One of them however is not annual monogamy.
The new season of the Amazing Race begins tonight. I must set the VCR!! No I do not have Tivo.
Eric and I watched The Up Side of Anger on DVD. What can I say, I enjoy Kevin Costner. What I learned from this movie is that it is ok to be a happy drunk but not an angry one and apparently the way to be a happy drunk is to smoke pot. Wow now there is information we all really needed.
That is all for now.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love this post. Every Last Word.

Many thanks.

Rebecca said...

Also, since when do you have a fish??? I thought we gave up on those?

And also, I am like 17th out of 31 on a waiting list at the library for Kite-Runner. Can you help me at all??

Beth said...

I agreed to one last fish...
My book is due back to the library on the 12 of October. You can have it until then.

Post a Comment