Thursday, September 22, 2005

Play that funky music


It was an innocent purchase. Really it was. Olivia was having trouble waking up in the morning and was constantly having to rush to get dressed, eat, brush teeth and hair, pack her backpack and get in the car. This resulted in frayed nerves and a constant chorus of “Come on OLIVIA”. So I bought her an alarm clock. Olivia has wanted a clock for some time. She knows that fun little girl clocks exist such as Princess, Pooh, Strawberry Shortcake and Hello Kitty. I could have bought the plain boring brown clock with the red numbers. But I thought the Hello Kitty alarm clock would be fun and so I bought that. Now for the record I looked for just a clock but I could only find clock radios. I figure, great she can wake up to music and I bought the Hello Kitty Tea Cup Clock Radio with the Lemon Slice Night Light. It was on sale. Olivia was THRILLED!!! The first thing she did was figure out how to change the station from the low key classical station to a much more interesting rock station. She then danced around the room yelling (I swear this is the truth) -Listen to the Rock and Roll music mommy, isn’t it just the best thing ever?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read Funky Music and want you

know it has just started. I am so

sorry to see O grow up. They are

so wonderful when babies, but you

still have her and even tho times will be rough it will be worth it.
Love Gr. Grandma

Beth said...

Gr. Grandma!! You have learned how to post a comment! GREAT! Thanks for reading. We all send our love to you and Ed.

tworivers said...

So delightful! You must tell us how mornings are in future - and whether the lemon slice night light is as enchanting in the dark as it is in this picture you posted!

Rebecca said...

Oh My Word this is So Funny! Play that funky music, O!!! Emma Grace will be GREEN with envy over that clock with its lemon slice.

Of course she Can't be expected to have a Normal alarm clock, not when her Daddy has Wallace and Gromit. "Morning, Gromit. Time for walkies!"

Beth said...

tworivers- The night light is SO enchanting that the first two nights Olivia could not keep her eyes or hands off of it. She just kept reaching up to touch it and confirm it was real and not a dream. And yes there will be a morning routine update in the future.

Rebecca - Come on Grommit! Don't be a lazy bones! I must report that sadly Wallace and Grommit no longer keep correct time so we now wake up to an annoying buzz. (it is that brown clock with the red numbers! doesn't every home have one of those. I really want to upgrade to a CD alarm clock. Imagine the possiblities.)


Sorry no spell check and I am a horrible speller so please excuse any mis-spellings.

Post a Comment