Soon our life will change forever. It has already begun. This morning Olivia took a shower all by herself! This is just a hint of the change that will take place next week when mornings where we wake up gradually and enjoy a little leisure time will transform into mornings where we are all up at the CRACK OF DAWN so that Eric and kids can make it to school by 7:30 – like that will really happen on a consistent basis! – and I can make it to work by 8:00. This is a drastic change from waking at 7:30 as Jack and Olivia climb into bed with me to lounge in the bed as we watch Arthur, followed by breakfast in pajamas and just hanging out until around ten am when we finally had to get going so I could be ready and out of the house by 10:30 when the babysitter showed up. I would drop Olivia at school and then make it to work by 11:00.
Now we will become morning people not by choice but by circumstances. The change will be good. Now I will get off work at 2:00 pm and go pick up the kids. They can have play dates in the afternoon, I can have play dates in the afternoon, we can run errands during the week instead of always on Saturday, daddy can stay at school later to get stuff done and feel less stress and I will have more time to prepare dinner. It will be good. But I will miss our unhurried mornings.
3 comments:
Can I be your first playdate??? PLEASE?????
Oh my word, of course!! Who else??
When can we have our first playdate? Regardless, we wish you the best as you morph to morning people! It's a great life!
Post a Comment