We had a great day today, great weather, great fun, even some great reading but my post is not going to be about any of that. You will have to see the pics below for that. Here is my post for today:
Sometimes I have moments where I just want to quit. Everything seems too hard and I am so inadequate to handle it all. Oddly these moments usually happen when I am driving to work after dropping O off at school with Eric. And I will contemplate just pulling over to the side of the road and parking because everyone will be better without me continuing. Don't get me wrong I don't think of doing myself in. I am far too selfish for that. I just want to pull off to the side and watch and not be involved any longer. These are just moments, perhaps a minute or so and then I will remember God is good and His grace does cover me and I can trust Him and His plan and I will continue down the road.
Often I recall moments by how I felt during them. I don't always remember exactly what was said or the exact sequence of events but I do remember if I felt good or bad or happy or sad. This morning I felt joyous. The sermon today was about overcoming obstacles. At the end of the sermon our minister said something to the affect of - I know that many of you have painful obstacles to overcome and you are often weary (note I don't really have any painful obstacles to overcome but I am weary on occasion). And perhaps you feel like if you could just get some super vitamin or heck even some steroid that would help you out. And then he turned to the communion table and say "The body of Christ broken for you, the blood of Christ shed for you" and I had a pure moment of joy where I just wanted to whoop and hollar and slap someone a high five. But Presbyterians don't really take to that sort of thing so I just smiled my biggest smiled and I took the bread and drank the cup and I was nourished and renewed. The sacrifice does cover all.
2 comments:
This is lovely. What a great image. Thanks, Beth!
I just want to point out that you don't have a cell phone. So if you were to pull over to the side of the road and sit there, then I wouldn't be able to reach you. And as my psychologist, you would be being Very Irresponsible to do such a thing as this. I might have to sue. If I could find you. Which would be the problem (see above).
But He was broken, and poured out, and when I take and eat and drink, I think of him broken down even more within me, and coursing through my veins, and reaching all those places where I don't even yet know that I need Him. Sweet Death. Sweet Life. Thanks, Beth, for this posting.
Post a Comment