Tuesday, November 30, 2004

What do you mean it is almost DECEMBER?????

Where has the time gone? Sorry I did not post while in GR but there just was never any time to do so. Between Jack and I having allergy/cold problems as well as Jack needing constant supervision while in GR and us flying at ungodly times I believe I need a vacation to recoup from my vacation. We did have a great time in GR and I will post some pictures later to prove it!
But I am still rushing about trying to get things done. Olivia's program at School is Thursday night and while I only have to show up for that, I do have to have a dessert ready for our Shepherding group that night. I am also going to a cookie exchange Saturday morning so I have to make 4 doz cookies to exchange as well as a brunch dish to eat at the exchange and Saturday night is Eric's work party. Also I have to organize a treat schedule with the people at work which will mean more baking. Plus there is just coming up with a menu for dinner for the next two to three weeks. Just thinking about it all exhausts me and that would be why I am always so far behind. And I can't even think about Christmas shopping, Christmas Cards, mailing gifts, making sugar cookies with Olivia, meeting with my book clubs, going to Church programs. I think I need a personal assistant!
Highlights from the trip would be the snow and the great time Olivia had playing with her cousins and making snowmen. Watching Olivia watch the Polar Express. She was so stressed when ever the little boy did something against "the rules". She would get all worried and say over and over - he's going to get in trouble and then as the music would swell she would just have to look away. And I know that if she had been there on the train she would have been the little girl yelling - Mr Ticket man those kids are doing something wrong. She is soo self righteous already. I really need to work on curving that. Other highlights, meeting our nephews girlfriend and helping her plot the demise of the person ahead of her in first chair in the orchestra. Yes I have forgotten which instrument. Oh and we took my niece and nephew who are in college out to dinner and that was fun. And one last highlight - there were others as well - Jack locking himself in the bathroom. You know he did pretty good with staying in bed each night so he obviously compensated for that by locking himself in the bathroom and just doing as he pleased with the water and soap as we tried for about 20 minutes to get him out. Yes I should have gotten a picture of that but for some reason it slipped my mind to grab the camera at that moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had SNOW??? Oh, I am so jealous! SO Jealous!!!

And your nephew's girlfriend is in the orchestra? Wow! That portends great things. Only really fabulous people are in the orchestra. I was in the orchestra.

I'm sorry, but Jack locking himself in the bathroom is hysterical. You might not have thought so at the time, but it is really funny. It is very, very funny.

My sister and brother-in-law asked an interesting question that provoked some discussion while they were here: Would you rather have a personal tailor, a personal chef, or a personal secretary? Sounds to me like the answer to that one, for you, is obvious....

Glad you're home! -rs

Post a Comment