Jack is out again and he has added a new twist. Now before he climbs out of the bed he removes his pjs and drops them on the floor, then he climbs out. He has done this before so we started to duct tape the zipper on his pjs. Apparently there is some trick to doing this that I don't know because when I duct tape him, he can pull the tape off but when Eric does it, it stays on. So the other night RS was over and literally every 5 minutes, maybe even every 3 minutes, Jack was naked and out of the crib. It made for quite the nice social evening for RS and me. Finally he fell asleep around 10:00 and Olivia followed shortly after this around 10:15. The good thing about this is that RS reminded me of something that we had tried before and it had worked. She said perhaps we should put Jack to sleep in our room and then move him when we go to bed. OK so we never tried that but we did try making sure Jack was asleep before Olivia went to bed and that did work. So we tried that last night and TA DA!!! it worked. If this continues to work I think it might make things much better for our trip to GR for Thanksgiving. I also think that Jack needs to have a shorter nap during the day and we will try that out as well over vacation.
Yes so we are flying to GR this weekend. Eric was all for flying. I made sure he understood that we do have two children and one of them is Jack the climber. Eric was fine with this and convinced himself that since we would be flying so early the kids would still be asleep. HA! This past week he has realized that Jack's normal waking time is 6:30 AM regardless of when he went to sleep the night before and he has panicked. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WITH JACK ON THE PLANE!!!!! So the plan is to pack many many snacks and to bring Eric's laptop on the plan so we can have Jack watch dvds and watch Olivia play computer games. We are really only concerned about the 30-40 minutes that we will be in the air after the drink cart has some by. Previous to that I think JAck will be ok because it will be something new and so he will just look around to take it all in. LETS ALL HOPE THAT WILL BE THE CASE!!!
Tonight we are having a Thanksgiving meal with our SG from church and tomorrow we have a Thanksgiving lunch at work. I have to bring something to each of these functions. I knew I would be busy this week so I wimped out and went with bread and something cranberry for tonight and tomorrow I am only bringing pop - soda for you non Midwesterners - Dr. Pepper and Ginger Ale. However, since I was wimping out I decide to go all out with the something cranberry. I search online for some cool recipe and finally settled on this tart cranberry dipping sauce. I made it last night. I did a few dumb things like left the lid on the pan when I was trying to reduce the liquid - duh!!!. Anyhow I thought the texture would be more like cranberry sauce but it is slightly more liquidy than that. So now I am stressing out about it. It is too runny to just plop on a plate and you can't really eat it alone. My word what was I thinking making a DIPPING SAUCE. The name implies that it is a condiment more than a side. There will be gravy so who is really going to want to try the dipping sauce and of course the recipe made enough to fee a small army. Oh well there will be plenty of food and I can bring some dixie cups and if people want to try it they can and I will try my hardest not to care if no one tries it. I mean I don't plan to really use it so can't I blame anyone else for choosing the gravy over the cranberry dipping sauce? But for the record it does taste pretty good and it is definitely tart. I am also bringing bread so at least I will be contributing something people will eat.
This morning I made chex mix. I have been planning to make the chex mix all week. I made some in October and I needed to use up the rest of the cereal before it went stale. Tonight I have to do laundry and tomorrow morning I have to pack the kids bags and tomorrow night we are babysitting and I have to pack my own bag so it was this morning or nothing. Also this morning Eric decided to leave a note for Olivia to make a card for Great Grandpa Ed's 95th birthday. I have been trying to get Eric to do this with her at night but she never wantsedto do it with him. So on top of the chex mix I had to help Olivia make a card. There were some stressful moments like when I was helping Olivia with the glue and the timer went off indicating it was time to stir the mix and then Jack was climbing the pantry shelf trying to get the veggie oil but other than things like that it was ok. And the great thing was that we got it all accomplished! I was even able to shoot video of the kids, take some pics and put that on a cd to include with Olivias card, picture and pipecleaner flower. Luckily I had a flat rate envelope and stamp from the post office already so we could just put it outside for the post man to pick up. NO TRIP TO THE PO!!! Now, just to go over it one more time, I only have to go to the dinner tonight, do laundry for the trip, clean my floors, pack the kids, bring the pop tomorrow, pack myself, babysit SG kids, pack the stuff for on the plane, pack the car, set the alarm clock for 4:30 AM, wake up RS to bring us to Airport, get on plane. OH!! and remember the tickets and Jack's birth certificate!!!!
OH MY!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment