Saturday, August 21, 2004

What happened to the kids???

On Friday my great friend Rebecca graciously volunteered to watch our kids so Eric and I could go out and celebrate our anniversarry. (14 years! ) She even kept them overnight. This is the first time since Olivia was born that our kids have slept away from us. IT WAS HEAVEN! Now I know I should have taken some sort of picture to commemorate this. Maybe pictures of me and Eric out on the town or a picture that represented pease and quiet that came over the house. But the real picture we should have taken to represent the night out should have been a picture of the kids and all the Stevensons standing in front of the great fort William and Everett built out of Southern Living shipment boxes. This would show how safe and happy our kids were without us. So a big big thank you to Aunt Rebecca, Unlce Beav, William, Everett and Emma Grace.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so welcome, Beth. It was fun to have them (except when Jack refused to eat his yogurt for breakfast), and we were so happy for you and Eric to have a night away. But I didn't realize that you haven't had a night away in over four years!!!! What kind of friend am I? We should have done this earlier.

-rs

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Beth. I'm too lazy to join up now so I'm the anonymous poster. I applaud you and especially Rebecca for the night away. I must say that I will need to give you a few more tips on getting some extended time to yourselves. I guess my impact on your parenting was very minimal.

Anonymous said...

hey, sorry I forgot your anniversary glad you had a good time and that you have friends who can help out since your sister lives to far away. See if you lived closer than I could of been the babysitter. Oh well happy belated anniversary. love Renae

Beth said...

Beth, I do need some more lessons on taking people up on it when they offer to watch my kids. But you will be happy to know that we are going to go away on a week to 10 day vaction next year for our 15th anniversary and we plan to leave the kids with the Rices.. OR with my sister if she really wants them!!!!

Beth said...

Renae, I think the solution to this is that you need to move down here and thus be able be at my endless disposal!!!!!

Post a Comment