Wednesday, January 27, 2010

for 1 I ♥





Olivia.
She is beautiful.
She is passionate.
She wears her heart on her sleeve.
She is at times a complete mystery to me.

I wonder if my own mother thought so much about me as I do O?
I don't think she did.
I think there was more confidence back then
This is the way we (and everyone else) do things
Now it is all open for debate isn't it

Spelling trips us up the most.
I mean really who besides children write with pencil and paper
recording all of their mistakes
because even if you erase,
we can still see you had it wrong at one time
no we write with computers and texts
creating new ways of spelling
Using spell check when we are feeling archaic

So how much pain and suffering should one allow
over spelling?
how do you gauge - trying your hardest
or putting in your best effort
should tears be allowed, encouraged, ignored, built upon?
Should it be
Don't let it get the best of you
You can conquer this
a plan and discipline
or
spelling,
some people get it
some don't
it is ok.
spell check will be there when you need it
Just like your father has always been there for me
honey how do you spell...

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hooray, Beth! Welcome back!
And I absolutely love Olivia!!

Post a Comment