Sunday, May 18, 2008

Buzz

Jack watched intently while I cut Eric's hair with clippers. When I finished he asked if he could get his hair cut too.
Are you sure - I asked - because if we buzz it your hair will be all gone.
Yes.
Positive.
YES!
I questioned him for two reasons. One - previously he had let us know that he never ever wanted clippers used on his hair. He did not want his hair buzzed. Second - I did not want to see his hair gone. I like Jack's hair. I love his shaggy look. I did not want it gone.
Eric reminded me how much I used to like when my nephews had their hair buzzed. This is true. And so I relented but I could not be the one who commit this hair travesty.
So Eric performed his first clipper cut and Jack's first buzz.
I am still a little sad about it but Jack is loving it.
So below - Jack's summer dreaming. (Natalie Merchant sings Come Take a Trip in my Airship)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, Wow. Big boy. What a difference!

Anonymous said...

JACK!!! (my first reaction after seeing the first buzzed picture)

You look like a Wessels now!! (my second reaction)

Either way...handsome boy. Lookin' good Jack, Lookin' good.

Katie

Anonymous said...

Jack....
Grandma and Grandpa love the haircut. Tell mommy that you like it and want dad to keep cutting it. What a handsome young man you are. We love you.

Grandma and Grandpa R

Post a Comment