Well Jack is just the best little sleeper. I think if we didn’t wake him up he would just sleep straight through all the noise until you came to pick him up. – This has been said several times by Jack’s afternoon teacher at school (she has a thick southern accent so you should read it again with that in mind just to get all of the sweetness. I smile and nod but inside I sigh deeply and feel instantly tired.)
Fast forward to 11:00 PM
OH MY WORD!!! Is he EVER going to fall asleep? - This has been said through gritted teeth many a night by either myself or Eric. (it depends on who has lost their patience first concerning Jack still being awake)
Problem- Jack does not need an afternoon nap. But there is quiet time at school and Jack loves to nap so he does. (I mean really, if given the opportunity I would nap every afternoon too.) We have talked to his teacher and she has tried to let him do other things but apparently Jack then becomes a distraction for the other kids and quiet time is disrupted. And I understand that. Really I do. You would think that if the parent tells you – my kid doesn’t need a nap, then that kid will not actually nap during quiet time. So maybe we should say, WE don’t need Jack to nap, so please, we are BEGGING YOU don’t let him sleep. In all fairness the regular teacher at Jack’s school is understanding and has tried to help but the teacher that comes in to replace her in the afternoon is just so awed with Jack’s ability to sleep through tons of noise that she just believes she knows better than we do. And I understand really I do. But our lives can not go on as they currently are…without someone going insane
Solution:
Two fold. We were going to move Olivia into her own room when Jack turned five. We will now be doing this tonight! We will then move Jack’s bed across the room and away from the door. Easy access to the door is a major problem.
If this does not quiet things down to sane levels then Jack will start hanging out in Eric’s room during nap time. I suggested that Eric just slip over to Preschool everyday around 1:00 and slip Jack some chocolate because while he can sleep through noise he can not sleep through chocolate consumption. Eric came up with this kinder solution of hanging out in his room during HS art.
If neither of these solutions work we will be turning the garage into a bedroom for Jack.
4 comments:
Okay, let me just say that this is simultaneously sad and hilariously funny and I'm glad it's your problem not mine.
Is that mean?
It's just that I know what a terrible problem this is, but you are hilarious and this is hilarious and sleeping through chocolate consumption would also be Nearly Impossible for me. Especially if it were Dark Chocolate.
Let me know how all the Arrangements go....
Just don't tell Jack he might be getting his own room in the garage he may really like that idea. Good Luck!
I can just picture Jack with the highschoolers- too funny! Hope it works : )
We think it will end up being the garage. O seems to love her new bedroom. They both are getting older so fast. Miss being there.
Love,
Grandpa and Grandma R
Post a Comment