Tuesday, August 29, 2006

For Tamara and Jill

First let me just say that not only do I know the middle names of all the people I went to school with in 1972, I also know their birthdays. Of course all of the girls were in school with me through the 12th grade so that may have something to do with it.
Anyhow the weekend of the 19th I was in my home town for a wedding. My niece Kerrie was getting married to her fiance Jerrad. The wedding was very nice. Jerrad is a very nice young man. I did have one weird moment before the wedding started. I had to get my mom to the church early for photos. When I walked into the church people were just milling around and I saw Kerrie at the front of the church in her wedding dress and I thought - WHOA wait a minute Kerrie is in a wedding dress. She is far too young to get married. Are we really going to just let this happen - but then my mind snapped back to real time and I remembered this was the whole reason I was making this trip to begin with and yes Kerrie is old enough to get married. I think this moment was just a reality check on just how old I am. I am now the old Aunt. The youngens enjoy seeing me and briefly chatting with me but really they want to be with their own kind and that does not include me. AH life. Don't get me wrong I had a wonderful time, I just felt a little older and a little unhip.
Ok I have rambled enough. Here is the one decent photo I took the whole night. When Eric was on vacation in GR, Jack got a hold of the digital camera and broke of the knob that lets you change the focus of the camera and now our camera is forever stuck in portrait. UGH
So l-r, my niece Alyssa, Jerrad, Kerrie, my nephew Kyle and my niece Katie (Katie was married last year and we are all placing bets that Kyle will get married next year to his wonderful girlfriend Martina(not pictured)) If you have not already figured it out, Katie, Kyle and Kerrie are brother and sisters.
Kerrie's dress was gorgeous, the picture does not do it justice.
I think the hands in the pic are my sister Renae's... man I hope they aren't Jim's because she will kill me for mixing that up. Sorry I should have cropped. Two last things before I end this o so newsy entry. 1. Having chocolate covered pretzels at everyone's seat is an AWESOME thing. I am so glad that Uncle Bud and Aunt Pat could not make it to the wedding because that meant more pretzels for me! Hmm yes I tend to be selfish. And 2. I just want to apologize publicly to my sister Tammy for making her buy and wear a seafoam green dress at my wedding. What was I thinking??? (Please note Kerrie's bridesmaid dresses are a very nice blue and not green.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no problem with the sea foam green dress. I had such a great time at your wedding and still have great memories of Philip visiting with our family and his teasing Katie about the spanish she was learning. And, also memories of Patty's parents being so surprised that some CRC couple could have such a nice Christian wedding. That's a great picture by the way (even without being cropped). Way to get in trouble on your blog though..

Tamara

Anonymous said...

I hope that you made a good wager on that bet! Looks like your family will (hopefully) be visiting again soon. See, if people just keep getting married we for sure get to see some of you at least once a year. I better get working on Mark...which could be a challenge. Maybe he's not my best option...oh well, I'll figure something out.

By the way...I don't remember Philip teasing me...I must be getting old too.

-Katie

Post a Comment