Here she is in her graduation dress - no I did not buy her a graduation dress, it is her Easter dress - all excited before we left for the big event. She had been telling us since the beginning of May just what graduation night would entail. Songs and ABC Bible verses. (Olivia had the letter T, Thou God seest me Gen 16:13 obviously KJV.) And there was more singing and more reading and reciting and then each child was called by name to walk across the stage and receive their diploma and any awards. Olivia received an award for Outstanding behavior and an award for reading
Look at my awards Daddy. The teacher told the kids back in September that if they received Os each week for their behavior then they would get a special award at the end of the year. This tactic worked great with Olivia as each week she would check to see what her overall behavior mark was for the week and then comment on how she was sure she would get that special award. I think Olivia thought it was going to be a stuffed animal or something but she seems pleased with the medal she received.
And here we are after the ceremony and before the refreshments. I actually spent the last fifteen minutes out in the narthex of the church watching Jack run back and forth. He did pretty good for most of the ceremony - ok he took his shoes off as soon as we sat down and we did lose him twice down the side aisle but he came back each time...
Here is the book/reading award. And if you look closely you will see that there is a plastic moose behind Eric that seems very jealous of O's award.At the end of the ceremony they mentioned that this class would graduate in 2019. And I thought how we might have to hold O back a year just so she could graduate in 2020. But then Eric and I went over this in the car and we are pretty sure they got the year wrong. She will actually graduate in the year 2018. Oh well, either way it was just a scary moment for us to just hear and actual date. It seems like a safe distance away and yet is was safer still when we didn't actually associate it with a real year. Yikes!
2 comments:
Congratulations, O!!! What a beautiful girl.
Man...how sweet are Jack and Olivia? Thanks for posting the great pics. I do hope I get to see them in August!! Hi to everyone! ~ Katie
Post a Comment