Bad twists to a day:
Having to hold your screaming daughter down so a technician can get a clean catch of urine.
Having daughter tell class about her trip to the doctor.
Having your husband bolt inside the house because a fox has just looked at him and coughed.
Having to deal with a delusional student and a psychotic student both in the same day.
Having the doctor call to confirm that your daughter is still sick.
Going to help a friend only to have your brakes go out because you have been driving down the highway for 10 minutes with the emergency brake on.
Having an 18 year old look at you like you are insane because you don’t have a cell phone to call your husband to come and rescue from the brakeless car.
Waking up at 1:00 AM to the hacking rabid fox.
Calling animal control to find out a rabid fox is only a threat if it has actually attacked you but the good news is that if it is rabid it should die soon.
Having the doctor call again to say that they prescribed the wrong antibiotic.
Going grocery shopping only to get home and discover you forgot to buy the cake mix you initially went to the grocery store to buy.
Hearing the hacking fox again and wondering just how long the poor thing will linger and if any animals will eat it once it dies.
Good Twists to a day:
Finding out you have just overheated your brakes and did not completely killed them.
Getting your son to sing a song so he can have another PBand J. Ok it was a bribe but I would do it over and over again if he kept on singing.
Throwing a birthday party that cost less than $20.00 and everyone LOVED it.
Having your son still enjoy the plastic kiddie pool you bought four years ago.
Your son convincing your daughter that she still enjoys the pool as well.
Putting pig tails in your daughter’s hair.
Watching your son’s thrilled face as he rides the littlest roller coaster.
Having great weather for your $20.00 birthday party.
Drinking margaritas with friends.
Laughing with friends and seeing your children laugh with their friends.
Hearing your son say one syllable words as if they have two syllables – I just ate its he-ad.(talking about a ginger bread cookie)
Having your daughter tell you that today was the best day of her life.
Sharing a smile with your husband over your kids.
Having good friends
Being blessed so richly by God.
3 comments:
Okay. You're killing me. Killing me. Can I PLEASE hear Jack sing? PLEASE???
I'm still bummed that Emma Grace missed the birthday party.
And I'm glad to know that I've had margaritas with you at least once. At least....
Oh I think we have had margaritas several times. Three times that I can recall and thank you for not mentioning that I spelled brakes incorrectly. I corrected the mistake this morning in a horrified frenzy.
If Rebecca is eager to hear Jack sing, we are going out of our mind wishing we could hear him sing. We would even be happy if he would talk to us on the phone in audible words. Sounds like he does it to everybody else. Are we getting a complex? I think so. We love him just the same and miss both of them so very much.
M & F Rice
Post a Comment