Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Things I Have Learned in the Last Week or So

If I eat too many Skittles I get a head ache – and by too many I mean more than 15 pieces.
I should never be responsible for teaching my children phonics. – I know that matter has a second vowel so that means the first should be a long vowel but here the e is not really part of the main word, it is part of the er ending and so (I look at Olivia and her eyes are glazed over and I think her head might explode)… ok just trust me it is not a long vowel and ask you teacher to explain.
I just ate the 16th Skittle I will let you know when the headache begins
FERPA means nothing unless someone complains
If you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything at all means to some people that you should come up with something nice regardless of how insincere it sounds.
Wedding Crashers with Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn will make you laugh so hard you may just actually split a gut. It will also make you wonder why in your late 30s you are still drawn to these stupid male comedies. I hate them and love them with the same intensity. So I can not recommend the movie and yet you will be missing a great laugh if you don’t see it.
We need to make a will.
Hmm I felt a slight twinge in my head after writing that will line… could be the headache.
My mother got her paperboy fired because he decided it was too cold to deliver his 25 copies of the 8 page town paper. Now her Grandchild has a new job as her paperboy… seems suspicious to me.
The Amazing Race is still Amazing and I am hoping the nerdy couple wins.
If you let Jack just smell a piece of chocolate before his bedtime he will NEVER fall asleep that night. And the next morning when you go in to get him ready for school, he will just keep repeating… me sleepy, me sleepy, me sleepy… in a groggy little voice which is annoying and cute at the same time.
When you can’t decide which book to pick for your book club, play to the crowd and pick A Prayer for Owen Meany.
It is possible for your son to fall asleep with his baseball helmet on.
It is not possible for you children to fall asleep while watching figure skating in your bed. Especially if there is a lot of skiing before the skating even begins.
I really want to learn how to snowboard and yet I am sure in trying to learn I would break every bone in my body.
Olivia does truly love to help. We should have named her Eek. (only Eric will understand that… unless you have total recall of my blog then you may understand it as well.)
One can get used to driving a car without a rearview mirror. In fact one can get so used to it that when they get the rearview mirror fixed in the car they may have forgotten how to use it. OH MY WORD THERE IS A CAR BEHIND ME!
Given the opportunity I could ramble for days.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

This is a great post.

Sorry about the headache.

Post a Comment