Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Paper what?

I like to sing. I often sing along to songs even though I have no idea what the song is about or what the real words are. For instance I love the Peter Gabriel song Rain and when we listen to the cd I can sing along with the song but I could not turn around and then sing the song for you with out the cd. I also could not tell you what the song is about except to guess that it has something to do with Rain falling down. Eric however always knows what a song is about and can usually get close to the lyrics. So it was not surprising that the other day when we were listening to a Genesis CD that I asked – What does Phil Collins say there?
Eric replied – Paper Late
Me- Really I always thought it was Paper Lace before I heard this version.
Eric – No it is Paper Late… but the first time I heard it I thought it was Paper Plate.
PAPER PLATE!! Now that is funny
Paper plate, paper plate, I’ll never wash dishes again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In contemporary vocal music, they all mumble!

F&M R

Post a Comment