Over Christmas break Jack developed a new game that he would occasionally play with me. Jack would bring me an object - like a pooh bear figure - and he would ask me what it was, even though he already knew. I would say - Jack that is Pooh Bear and Jack would look at me very seriously and say NO! Rabbit! And I would so No Pooh Bear. And he would say No. Rabbit! and I would try once more No really Jack it is Pooh Bear and Jack would reply NO POOH BEAR! ITS RABBIT!! and I would just smile and shrug my shoulders and go OK Rabbit. and about 10 seconds later Jack would point at the figure again and say POOH BEAR! And then with a smirk on his face he would go off to play.
I loved this game and would often try to trap Jack into playing it by asking him what something was. Jack Jack What is this, I would say pointing to a football. And Jack would say Football. I would reply Are you sure it is not a baseball? Sometimes Jack would get a little smile on his face and say yes Baseball! And the game would begin but most of the time he would just look at me and shake his head and say Football daddy.
Oh sorry did I forget to mention he calls me Daddy? He calls Eric Mama as well. The words are pretty interchangeable for him and most of the time he prefers Daddy. Occasionally I will correct him and he just gives me this look that says - hey we both know it is Mama but I choose to call you Daddy. And I give him a look that says - ok but pretty soon I am going to start letting people call you Jackie.
No comments:
Post a Comment