Friday, December 09, 2005

A post on my bullseye obsession

My sister has an assortment of 100 cookie cutters that she meant to give me before my family left to go home after Thanksgiving. She meant to give them to me but she forgot which was fine, because I have some Christmas cookie cutters of my own and would not need her barrel of cutters immediately. Or so I thought.
As you can see from the photos below I had invited some friends, some very good if not the best friends ever, to come over and decorate cookies. My plan was to make the cookies the night before so they would be ready to frost the next day when they arrived. And then it happened. My cookie cutters disappeared. I found where I thought I had packed them last year but could only find two, TWO. A star and a snowman. Well that just would not do. Olivia and I made a quick batch of cookies with the cutters I had and then I rushed out to BB and B to pick us some more cutters.
Now here is the thing, I almost ALWAYS go to Target for all my shopping but I thought - BB and B is closer so it will be quicker.
I had not been in BB and B in months perhaps more than a year. As I walked through the aisles I was thinking, wow I should really come here more often. They have so much interesting stuff. Very different from Target. And after I looked and thought about how I might be able to buy some gifts from this store, I finally went looking for the cutters. Now I expected a wall of cutters I could pick and choose from but instead there were just sets of cutters to buy. This was fine. The problem was that the Christmas ones were stack way up high and it was next to impossible to get a set down without pulling all the others down with it. So I would have to ask for help. I hate asking for help. Plus the cutters were a little more expensive then I was expecting but not outrageous. Eric had asked me to pick up a scripto lighter as well so I decided that if I found the lighters I would then ask for help and make the purchase. Now BB and B has tons of candles so you would think they have lighters right? Hmm, apparently the new thing is a candle warmer. Instead of lighting the candle and risking a fire you can just plug in the warmer, plop on the candle and just risk an electrical fire instead. There were hundreds of warmers but no lighters. Finally I located a lighter, a very fancy Zippo lighter for $15.00. OH MY WORD!!! I could get a dozen scriptos for that amount. So I left the store and went to Krogers because it was just down the road. Surely Kroger would come to my rescue.
I went down the holiday aisle and they did have individual cutters but there were only three different shapes left and one was a star. And they were around $3 a piece. Oh well pack to the scripto lighter deal, if they had them then I would just concede on the cutters. Now they HAD to have lighters some where in that store but I could not find them. UGH!! And I have already admitting to hating to ask for help. So off to Target. Now I was beginning to berate myself around this time. This was taking FAR too long. It was making a busy night/week even busier and our friends, I am sure, would care less about not having cookies in more than two shapes. But I was already in this deep, might as well go enjoy Target for a few minutes. The first place I looked at the store made my blood pressure rise again. The 9 piece holiday set was gone, GONE!!! All that was left was a little miniature set. That would never do. I went to some more hopeful spots in the store and was just about to give up when I spotted the Dollar section. A light came on and the music swelled. I hoped against hope and wa la, I was able to purchase 10 cutters for two dollars. And I was able to buy two scripto lighters fom about three bucks. I did all of this in less than 10 minutes. HA! Or in other words BULLSEYE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth please accept my sincere apology for being so forgetful. But I do have to admit I enjoyed hearing about your great cookie cutter adventure. Love Renae

Beth said...

Renae, And the last note on the great cookie cutter caper is that when we decorated our tree yesterday, I went through a bunch of Christmas tins that Eric has received through the years and lo and behold one of them contained my Christmas cutters!!!! So I am obviously the forgetful one!

Post a Comment